Soekarno Hatta Airport is undergoing development to improve facilities that will make visitors easier and more comfortable while waiting for their flight schedule. This development will certainly have an impact on the terminal changes that are there. The construction of a new terminal at Soekarno-Hatta Airport, Tangerang, Banten has made several airlines change their departure terminal, one of which is the airline that is quite much sought after, namely the Thai Lion Air terminal. In 2018, various airlines have occupied their latest departure terminal.
The New Terminal In Soekarno-Hatta
The following is a list of airlines in each terminal :
- Terminal 1 for Domestic Flights Terminal 1A Filled with Lion Air, flights for Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, Papua and Nusa Tenggara Island routes.
- Terminal 1B Filled with Lion Air (flight routes on Sumatra, Denpasar, Lombok) and Express Air.
- Terminal 1C Filled with Batik Air, Kalstar Aviation, Citilink, Trigana Air, Trans Nusa, and Airfast Indonesia.
- Terminal 2 for Domestic and International Flights Terminal 2 and Gate 1 Filled with All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Singapore Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Etihad Airways, Eva Air, Asiana Airlines, Scoot Airlines, Qatar Airways, Jetstar Airways, Srilankan Airlines, Emirate Airways, Cebu Pacific.
- Terminal 2 in Gate 2 Filled by Lion Air, Malindo Air, Batik, Air, Thai Lion Air, Royal Brunei Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Japan Airlines, Air China, Qantas Air, Oman Air, Turkish Airlines, Thai Airlines..
- Terminal 2 in Gate 3 Filled by China Eastern Airlines and also KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
- Terminal 2 in Gate 4 Filled with, Sriwijaya Air Indonesia AirAsia Extra (Domestic) and also N A M Airlines 3.
- Terminal 3 for International and Domestic Flights Start Garuda Indonesia (domestic and international), Vietnam Airlines, Saudi Arabian Airlines, China Airlines, Korean Air, China Southern Airlines, Xinamen Airlines, and also Air Asia Indonesia Ex (international Indonesia) and also Air Asia (international).
Fly With Lion Air
For you who have the plan to fly from Soekarno-Hatta Airport using Batik Air, Lion Air, Malindo Air, or in Thai Lion Air terminal in the near future. You may check the location of the flight departure and also the arrival terminal. In fact, the high frequency of flights from various airlines belongs to the Lion Air group requires the operation from separate terminal buildings at the airport.
In general, domestic flights at Soekarno-Hatta Airport fly from Terminal 1 and overseas flights fly from Terminal 2. Following are the departure locations for each airline belonging to the Lion group at Soekarno-Hatta Airport, as well as the destination cities served from each terminal.
The Airline Location Of City Destination
- Lion Air Terminal 1 A Ambon, Banjarmasin, Balikpapan, Jayapura, Kupang, Kendari, Makassar, Palangkaraya, Manado, Palu, Semarang, Pontianak, Solo, Surabaya, Ternate, Tarakan, Yogyakarta.
- Terminal 1 B Bandar Lampung, Bengkulu, Batam, Denpasar, Lombok, Jambi, Medan, Pangkal Pinang, Palembang, Pekanbaru, Tanjung Pinang, Tanjung Pandang
- Terminal 2 D Singapore and KL Malaysia
- Malindo Air Terminal 2 D only KL Malaysia
- Thai Lion Air terminal 2 D is Bangkok that is Don Muang
If your presence at Soekarno-Hatta Airport is limited to transit from one flight to another at the different terminal, so you can use the free shuttle bus service that provided by the airport. This bus service is available at every 30 minutes, and it serves the Terminal 1 route to Terminal 2, and vice versa.
The good news is, if the flight that takes the passengers to Jakarta and its advanced flights are only in different sub-terminals, for example: Solo – Jakarta at Terminal 1A and Jakarta – Batam at Terminal 1B, and the transfer of this terminal can be reached on foot, you don’t have to use the bus .
Based on the information above, you should first make sure about which terminal that your flight departs from. In order to make your trip to run smoothly as your prediction, you should also arrive at two hours before the departure time, so that you have enough time for check-in and security checks before flying. When you want to go to Thailand to have a vacation, so you need to take a flight from Thai Lion Air. Make sure that you will not get lost and can get to the right Thai Lion Air terminal of the airport where your flight will begins. That’s why it is so important to prepare everything for a long time, make sure that you get to the airport on time. It is better to get to the airport two hours before the departure.